Join The Music Class In Person!
We are offering two options for in-person classes: Vaccination Required (VR) and No Vaccination Required (NVR). To learn the differences between VR and NVR classes, use the tab set below. Scroll down to view all other information and policies.
When you're ready to register, click the location name below to sign up!
TMC In-Person Locations:
- Proof of Vaccination: Families registering for Indoor VR classes are required to provide proof of vaccination for all adults who attend classes (parents, grandparents, nannies/caregivers, etc). If you were not already enrolled in a previous VR class, we will contact you the week before class starts to obtain your proof of vaccination. You may upload documentation to TMC or show your vaccination card to your teacher on the first day of class. Proof of vaccination for spring classes is due to TMC by March 1. If your registration request is received after that date, proof of vaccination is due to TMC at the time you register.
- See additional safety policies below.
- Families registering for Indoor NVR classes are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
- See additional safety policies below.
TMC In Person Spring Information
Spring (10-week Session)
- Session starts the week of March 1 - 7
- No classes April 4 - 9 (Spring Break); April 17 (Easter Sunday)
- Classes end the week of May 10 - 16
Music Pups: $195 for the full 10-week session. Sibling tuition is $120. Classes are 45 minutes. Tuition includes access to The Pony Collection on The Music Class app, CD (upon request) and a songbook. If you have registered for a full session of The Pony Collection in the past, a $30 materials discount will automatically be applied.
Music Cats: $200 for the full 10-week session.
Keyboard: $222 for the full 10-week session.
Click here to view our refund policy.
Fall is the only time of the year we accept new students in our Keyboard program. We're offering In Person keyboard classes for children ages 5 - 7 on Saturdays at 9:30 in Dunwoody and Sundays at 1:30 in Kirkwood. Click here for information about our Sound Habits Keyboard program.
TMC In Person Class Policies as of March 2, 2022
Note that our Covid-19 health policies as noted below may change. We are monitoring CDC recommendations and local Covid-19 transmission rates. We also survey enrolled families periodically to better understand your preferences.
Updated March 14, 2022
Based on our survey of enrolled families, the following classes have a "masks optional" policy for the remainder of the spring session.
- Buckhead Monday NVR 10:30 with Talia
- Buckhead Monday NVR 11:30 with Talia
- Buckhead Wednesday VR 9:30 with Katherine
- Buckhead Thursday NVR 11:30 with Talia
- Buckhead Friday VR 11:30 with Katherine
- East Cobb Wednesday VR 9:30 with Jessica
- East Cobb Wednesday VR 11:30 with Jessica
- Johns Creek Wednesday NVR 10:30 with Jen
- Kirkwood Sunday VR 1:30 (keyboard) with Bowen
- Kirkwood Thursday VR 11:30 with Katherine
- Smyrna Wednesday VR 10:35 with Christa
All other classes will remain “masks required" for adults.
Parents and Caregivers:
- Mask use is required for parents and caregivers in VR and NVR classes. See note in blue text above.
Children over 2 years old:
- Children over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear a mask, but we will leave it to parents to determine what is appropriate for their children.
- Mask use is required
- In all classes, families have the option to bring their own instrument or use TMC instruments.
- Instruments brought from home should include shakers, rhythm sticks, scarves and play along percussion. Be sure to bring enough instruments for each adult and child in your family. (Instrument kits are available for purchase from TMC.)
- Parents/caregivers using TMC instruments will be responsible for cleaning the instruments in their kit at the end of class.
- We ask that all instruments be stored on our shelves during class and only brought down when needed.
Additional Safety Precautions:
- Adults and children must check their temperature with our contactless thermometer and then wash hands with wipes, hand sanitizer, or soap and water in the sink when they arrive.
- Do not attend class if you are feeling ill, are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19.
- Bringing a blanket to sit on in class is optional.
- Air circulation is maintained with open doors and windows. (Using our HVAC systems for heating and cooling has worked well to keep the temperature reasonable, even with doors open. We have child safety gates in place to make sure children can't run out of the studio.)
- UVC or HEPA air cleaners are installed in all TMC studios.
- Families registered for in-person classes may schedule makeups online in other in-person classes, provided the makeups are within the same class type. For example, families registered for Vaccination Required classes may only schedule makeups in other Vaccination Required classes. The same applies to families registered for No Vaccination Required classes. Makeup spaces are limited. Families may also schedule makeups in At Home (virtual) classes by contacting the office.
- All registered families are required to sign our Indoor policy and waiver document. If you would like to review our waiver before registering, send us an email!